One of River Streets main goals as a Church is to be good neighbors to everyone, but especially those who live right next to us. We wanted to find a way to be more involved, and helpful to our neighbors and searched ways to do that in an authentic way. We decided to plant a garden with the hopes that we could share our space and produce with our neighbors.
This year we chose to support our Wednesday nights "Simple Supper" with the produce from the garden. We asked our Master Chefs what produce they could use, then sent "starts" home with members of our congregation to begin the growing process while we prepared a space for the garden. After 2 work days from eager volunteers, we planted the garden.
- The garden consists of three 4x8 raised beds.
- It will be watered by the rain that we collect off our building in a 200 gallon "rain barrel".
- Members of the congregation will take turns watering the garden
- You can taste the result Wednesday nights at 6:00pm!
- Please contact us if you would like to be involved or find out more!